COVID-19 Response Toolkit for New Mexico’s Public Schools
The revised toolkit includes updates that link air filtration requirements to the Public Education Department memorandum.
- Other updates include:
- Consolidation of the elementary school and secondary school COVID-19 response toolkit information into a single document.
- Options for co-horting of secondary students.
- An amendment to the definition of close contacts for secondary schools.
- Guidance and requirements on topics such as cafeteria considerations and classroom transitions.
- An amendment to the group of individuals who may assess whether the symptoms a student with a chronic condition is experiencing are within the student’s baseline; the amendment limits the group to primary care providers, school nurses, and health assistants.
- Expanding the requirement for surveillance testing to include all staff that work onsite at a school that offers any in-person student services, including special education services or athletics.
- Staff members identified as close contacts are encouraged but not required to get tested.
- An update to surveillance testing to include the COVID-19 testing required by NMPED.
- Removal of the private schools exemption statement.