November 13, 2020
Late yesterday afternoon, I received notification that 2 students have tested positive for Covid-19. While we must protect the privacy of the person involved, we believe it is best we communicate transparently with our OJO Staff. The coworkers and staff members that were in close contact with this individual have been notified and mandated to be tested and quarantined. A “close contact” is defined as being closer than six feet for more than three minutes to a person who is positive for COVID-19.
If you have not received a phone call from any of the Covid 19 Task Force, you have not been identified as a close contact with the individual. In the meantime, if you begin to develop symptoms of COVID-19, which are fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of smell or taste, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms. html, please call your healthcare provider or the COVID-19 Hotline at 1-855-600-3453.
We, Ojo Amarillo Elementary School and CCSD, are following NM Department of Health and PED guidelines and protocols set forth by NMPED. This includes all required cleaning procedures at Ojo. We will continue to follow the processes and guidelines set forth by NMPED Covid-19 Rapid Response Toolkit. Please continue to follow CDC guidelines to protect yourselves. This includes frequent handwashing, staying home when sick, social distancing while in public and wearing a mask. Nothing is more important to CCSD than the safety and health of our students, our employees and their families.
With this in mind...
- The situation has been contained and addressed. Deep cleaning has been done
- All teachers, I need your help to please notify your parents using the attached letter. Please review the letter before you send out.
- Parent-Teacher Conference will be Virtual on Nov. 17th along with packet pick up. If you have any appointments set up outside of this date/time, send to the office staff today.
- The school building will reopen on Monday, November 16, 2020. Again, deep cleaning has been done. We are still in remote learning for next week, as I will reassess our school status with the District Task Force next week.
- It is important that we stay positive and supportive to one another during this difficult time. I appreciate each of you.