April 12, 2021
Parents, Guardians, and Families,
The Central Consolidated School District Board of Education has approved students in grades PreK – 5th to return back to the traditional five days a week, in-person learning. This model pertains to students whose parents have requested their student return to the traditional classroom learning atmosphere, all other students may request to continue learning remotely from home.
The five day per week schedule for the in-person instruction at Eva B. Stokely Elementary that began February 22nd, is diligently adhering to the CDC safety requirements throughout the instructional day, which starts at 8:10 AM and releases students at 2:40 PM (Early release Wednesday @ 12:45PM).
General protocol to follow:
- All families are encouraged not to send their child to school if they exhibit any C/19 symptoms.
- Be sure your student’s face mask is washed often.
- In-person learners must attend every school day and cannot opt out to learn remotely.
- Students are encouraged to bring fresh water in a reusable container every day.
To ensure student and staff safety:
- All students with a fever or related Covid19 symptoms should not attempt to come to school.
- Students will wear a face mask covering and social distance while on school grounds.
- Students will be allowed to bring essential items to school in a small backpack.
- No food will be allowed to be brought from home (one reusable water bottle will be allowed).
- No unauthorized guests will be allowed in the school building/classrooms.
- Students will eat breakfast and lunch in the cafeteria with 6’ distancing.
- School-wide restroom protocol will be followed and drinking fountains will not be in use.
- Classrooms will be disinfected daily with deep cleaning on a regular basis.
- Automatic hand sanitizer dispensers are placed throughout the school building
Please feel free to contact me if you have any hesitations about the safety measures taken at Eva B. Stokely or concerns
about the ever changing infection rate of this terrible COVID-19. Also, please contact the school at 505-368-5109 if you have any questions or concerns that myself and/or staff can assist you with.
Anthony Smagacz, Principal