Covid Vaccine: 2nd Booster Available
The CDC and FDA authorized 2nd booster shots of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for the following:
- Individuals with weakened immune systems due to disease or certain medications;
- For people over age 50 who received their 1st booster shot at least 4 months ago; and,
- Adults who received a primary vaccine and booster dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months ago may now receive a 2nd booster dose using Pfizer or Moderna.
Northern Navajo Medical Center (NNMC) will provide COVID-19 vaccines, including second COVID-19 booster doses, at the Shiprock High School on the second Sundays of the month – April 10, May 8, and June 12, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Vaccine available to ages 5 years and older
The COVID vaccination is now available for students as young as 5 years old. Northern Navajo Medical Center’s Community Vaccination Team will be providing Flu and COVID vaccine to families across district.
Families are encouraged to bring their children to these community and school vaccine events.
* The team will have a flu vaccine available for everyone aged 3 and older.
* First and Second COVID shots are available for everyone aged 5 and older
* COVID booster shots are available for people 18 and over – six months after the second Moderna or Pfizer dose, and two months after a dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Please bring CIB card/chart # or insurance card for the flu shot.
For information, contact Gary Russell-King, Public Information Officer, at (505) 368-6032.