A Resource Guide for CCSD employees
How to cope effectively, manage stress and connect with others.
Fighting Depression - Naturally
Depression can drain your energy, leaving you empty and tired.
- Meet yourself where you are. Accept that where you’re at emotionally right now isn’t where you’ll always be.
- Let yourself feel the emotions – but don’t stay there.
- Ask yourself “is this a fact or a feeling?”. Work at understanding that being negative isn’t always realistic or true.
- Practice positivity
- Do something you enjoy, i.e. read a great book, paint, go for a walk, listened to favorite (upbeat!) music
- Practice gratitude.
- Establish a healthy sleeping routine.
- Be as kind to yourself as you would be to a friend going through the same tough times.
Dealing With Anxiety
To calm your mind and cut stress, try these self-care tips:
- Work on coping with your feelings, not avoiding them.
- Set-up a great sleep scenario. Attend to temperature, bedding, possible interruptions & perhaps invest in background “music” such as gentle rain, surf or other sounds of nature.
- Ease up on caffeine and alcohol.
- Schedule your worry time. Pick a time. Give yourself 30 minutes. Then let it go.
- Respect yourself, your feelings but don’t over-validate or focus on reinforcing anxiety – fear is a liar.
- Be determined to enjoy your life, your loved ones, your interests every day
To download this information in a brochure, click here.
Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations