Dear Parents/ Guardians and Community:
It remains important that we all do our part to keep your family, our students, staff and community safe. We know that illness is more frequent in the winter and that is expected with COVID -19. While we cannot change the fact that this pandemic is continuing, we have full control on what we do to try and change the trend. Living in a COVID-positive world requires discipline from all of us. In order for the rate of spread of COVID-19 to decrease so we can continue to keep our schools, businesses and churches open. It is time to DOUBLE DOWN on our COVID -19 safe practices!
Watch for symptoms of COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Loss of taste or smell
- Avoid unnecessary travel.
- Always stay at home when you are sick (except for medical emergencies).
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Provide for all meetings to take place remotely whenever possible.
- If you have concerns around your family, get tested and keep your student home until you know the results.
If You Must Go Out:
- Wear a face covering or mask except when eating or drinking.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
- Avoid gatherings.
- Find ways to connect without face-to-face contact.
We know that these safety strategies alone are not sufficient. We need to create a culture of health, safety, and shared responsibility. Reopening schools and keeping them open require changing the culture to a “health-first” mind-set with everyone playing a role. We also need to be aware that even with these measures there may be outbreaks, but that we are prepared to handle them if they occur.
All of us at CCSD have one goal in mind, which is the safety and learning of our students. To meet that goal we will need the help and input from parents and leaders in our communities. As always, to disseminate any news and information we will use our parent call system, post the information on our website, and our social media channels.
Central Consolidated Schools