Hello CCSD community,
Here are quick updates from the Technology Department, including information on JAMF, an application the district will use to configure and automate downloads and other tasks for recently purchased devices.
Completed, pending work:
- Current Apple products for CCSD total 7,144 devices. This includes previous purchases of iPod Touch 6th generation, iPod Touch 5th generation, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 2, iMac 21.5", Mac Mini (Content Cache Servers), MacBook Air, MacBook Air 11", MacBook Pro 16", MacBook Pro 13".
- On November 12, 2020, we started configuring and moving 1,800 MacBook Airs into the CCSD network domain. MacBook Airs have been sorted by location and inventory has been completed.
- Delivery of devices to schools is estimated to take place between December 1-15, and to students between December 2-16, 2020.
- Both iPads and MacBook Airs will be tested with JAMF during 2 sessions meetings.
- The new installations of Jamf Pro –an application we are using to configure and program downloads and other tasks for recently purchased macOS, iOS devices– go together with onsite or remote training with a Jamf certified technician. This is designed to make sure that Jamf Pro is installed in the new devices and it enhances them.
- Configurations on 5 Mac Mini Content Caching Servers (a dedicated service that saves content locally), have been delivered, installed, and verified test content is working.
- We are awaiting the Apple School Manager CCSD account verification for Apps and Books content downloads (takes 4 to 5 days).
We will have another technology update next week.