Position Type: Administration
Date Posted: 12/8/2020
Location: Central Consolidated Administrative Complex
Date Available: 12/08/2020
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position: Director of Finance
Work Site: Central Consolidated Administrative Complex
Summary: Responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising the operation of the finance department in such a way as to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal requirements. Establish, manage and review all financial, budget and business operations for the District, includes Charter School oversight. Supervise and manage all personnel within payroll, accounts payable, general accounting, purchasing and I-Visions operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record, analyze and report financial transactions in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Oversee financial system database system integrity and security.
- Oversee Charter School Financial operations and collaborate with Charter school leaders toward common goals.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
- Ensure compliance with Public Education Department General Administrative Regulations.
- Provide District employees, Board of Education, and the community with timely, accurate and relevant financial information.
- Oversee all payroll, accounts payable, purchasing, financial reporting, bookkeeping, federal programs and Visions operations.
- Analyze, develop and implement policies, procedures and systems that improve the District business operations in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide all financial reporting to the New Mexico Public Education Department and required federal agencies.
- Oversee audit, provide auditors with all necessary materials and respond to and clear all audit findings.
- Prepare District year-end financial statements.
- Invest District funds and maintain and review reconciliation of all investments, where applicable.
- Effectively handle employee and community complaints, problems and questions related to finance.
- Present budget to the public, Board of Education and New Mexico Public Education Department, and respond to any questions.
- Present all budget adjustments to Board of Education, Superintendent or New Mexico Public Education Department for approval, as required.
- Provide financial reports and documentation to Board of Education.
- Determine what, if any, funds are available for salary increases and other budget necessities.
- Monitor cash flow.
- Attend Board of Education Board meetings.
- Comply with Board of Education policies and administration direction and procedures.
- Comply with all Board of Education policies, administrative regulations, Public Education Department guidelines and local, state and federal laws.
- Accept other responsibilities and duties assigned by supervisor
- Support district and school efforts to keep CCSD safe and secure
- Complete and comply with all required trainings annually
- Adhere to NM Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession (NMAC 22.214.171.124)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or Business Administration
- 5 years of experience in Payroll, Human Resources, Accounting or Central Administration Budgets
- Must have NM Chief Procurement Certification (CPO) or obtain it in one year..
- Must have NM School Business Official Licensure or obtain it in one year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to to attend necessary events with the Superintendent, including but not limited to the legislature on Impact Aid.
- Knowledge of Dine language, culture, and history preferred
- Good communication skills and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer programs (advanced knowledge of Excel, pivot tables, formulas, etc.) required, including database structures, data verification methodology, operating systems, standard software applications.
- Knowledge of payroll accounting is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Visions software is highly desirable.
Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying up to 50 pounds, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, driving a vehicle, traveling long distances, writing, typing, word processing, reading, researching information, and effective communication skills.
Safety and Health:
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions
- Completed and cleared background check
- Pass drug test if required for position
- Knowledge and compliance with district and school Safety Plans
- Multimedia equipment, including current technology
- Equipment/materials relevant to the job responsibilities
- Valid driver license and insurable by district if necessary
- Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature and air quality
- Work interruptions
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision
- Must complete applications and assignments within the time-frames allowed
- Extended work hours, on occasion
Term of Employment: Exempt, One-year contract