Dear Parents, Guardians, and Grandparents:
Naschitti Elementary School & Newcomb Elementary School
Summer School Information
Where: Newcomb Elementary School
When: June 4 – 27, 2019; Monday to Thursday
Time: 8 am to 3 pm Instructional Time; Breakfast 7:30 am to 8 am; Lunch 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
Purpose: Students in grade 3, 4, and 5 for SY19-20 will participate in Math and ELA instruction. They will prepare themselves academically and socially before school starts in fall 2019 by attending summer school. ELA and math standards will include:
3rd Grade ELA RL.1, RI.1 and W.3
3rd Grade Math NBT.2 and OA.1
4th Grade ELA RL1, RI.1, and W.3
4th Grade Math NBT.1, NBT.2, and NBT.3
5th Grade ELA RL.1, RI.1, and W.3
5th Grade Math NBT.1, NBT.2, NBT.5
Summer School Staff Members:
Daisy Gleason – 3rd Grade, Rm 47
Valerie Jackson – 3rd Grade, Rm 46
Kathy Roatcap – 4th Grade, Rm 38
Maxine Gee – 4th Grade, Rm 37
Anita Manuelito – 5th Grade, Rm 36
Nikki Swank – 5th Grade, Rm 33
Jolene Miller-Wauneka – Clerical, Front office
Georgetta Henry – Health Aide, Health Office
Dr. Dave Goldtooth – Principal
Summer School Bus Driver, Bus number, and Bus Route information:
Mr. Jonathan Garcia, Bus# 926, Naschitti Area
Mrs. Laurzena Garcia, Bus #925, Sheepsprings and Blackhouse Valley Area
Mr. Aaron Barber, Toadlena (Tohaali), Newcomb and Two Grey Hills Area
Arionna Smith, #N-23, Littlewater and Sanostee Area
Other pertinent information:
- Newcomb Elementary School phone number is 505.696.3415. Contact Ms. Miller-Wauneka for updates on cell-phone number for check-out and/or emergency purposes.
- Bus drivers will pick up students at the regular time in the morning. Busses will depart from Newcomb Elementary School at 3:00 pm.
- Pre and Post Assessment will be administered using iStation Math and Reading at the beginning and nearing the end of summer school.
- Student Attendance is essentially important. Student daily attendance is advised.
- District and School policy will be followed by summer school students for breaching classroom rules and conduct.
- Bus Rules and Regulations will be followed by summer school students.
Subject to ChangeNaschitti Elementary School Staff