We can all do our part to ensure that students get to and from school safely!
- RED flashing lights and the extended ‘STOP’ arm means traffic (in both directions of a 2 lane roadway) is required to stop until the lights stop flashing and the extended ‘STOP’ arm is withdrawn;
- YELLOW flashing lights indicate the bus is preparing to stop;
- Use caution when coming to a bus stop;
- Follow all school zone speed limits;
- Look for crossing guards and students in cross walks;
- Never pass a bus on the outside of a turn.
- SLOW DOWN: Look for children waiting at the bus stop, walking or riding their bicycles to school.
An important message from the New Mexico Public Schools Insurance Authority and Central Consolidated School District.