The following CCSD students (and Business Professionals of America members) placed at the state leadership conference, held from February 14 to 16 at the Marriott Pyramid, in Albuquerque. The students will now compete at the national conference in Anaheim, California, from April 30 to May 5, 2019.
- Jared Boyd took first in banking and finance, first in financial math and analysis, and fifth in personal financial management.
- Jakob Clichee took first in fundamentals of web design.
- Naeyomilynn Bryant took second in fundamentals of web design.
- Syrus Redhouse took fifth in financial math and analysis.
In addition, the following students were finalists in their events:
- Leiyah Light was a finalist in advanced interview skills.
- Dempsey Burnette was a finalist in human resource management.
Business Professionals of America is the nation’s leading Career and Technical Student Organization for students pursuing careers in business management, information technology, finance, accounting, office administration, and other business-related career fields.